Friday, November 12, 2010

If I had to choose one book....

If I were to save one book for the future generations, I would save the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I first read this book about a year ago and have been in love with it ever since. My mom recommended this book to me after her friends, my aunts and my grandma all read it and raved about it. So I figured it was about time for me to read it as well. It was the type of book that once you began reading it, you were not able to put it down and your eyes were seemingly glued to the pages for hours on end. The Kite Runner tells the story of Amir, a young boy from Kabul living in a turbulent time where fighting and war were everywhere. Making it by with a positive outlook on life and keeping close bonds with long time friends, Amir takes hold of his life despite the turmoil that surrounds him. It is a story of strength and friendship, two qualities that I deem very important and believe the people in the future generations should be familiar with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment