Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween!

Personally, I am a huge fan of the Halloween tradition. I enjoy every aspect of Halloween from deciding what costume to wear to the late night scary movies that keep me up at night. I think that Halloween is the perfect time of the year to unveil all of your crazy decorations and go all out in the spirit of Halloween. It is also a tradition in which not everybody is obligated to participate in and some people choose not to at all. My parents however, took Halloween pretty seriously and when it came to deciding what costume I was going to wear, my mom did not just take a trip over to Wal-Mart. My mom and I have always thrived off of each other’s creative energy and I’m glad to say that was apparent through the majority of my Halloween costumes we created when I was a kid. Whatever I wanted to be, my mom and I would somehow devise a plan to make the most extravagant costume that all the neighborhood kids would look at with envy. My costumes have ranged from a big purple butterfly to wearing a box from which I “sold” stuffed animals out of. I have had very fond Halloween memories throughout the years and like every kid, I drooled over, counted and hoarded every piece of candy that I gathered during beggar’s night. Although waking up in the morning with the worst stomach ache and being as tired as ever, Halloween was always one of my favorite traditions and to this day, still is.
My roommates and I celebrating our favorite time of the year..HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

  1. I too love Halloween! It is also taken seriously in my house. Getting dressed up and having tons of ghoulish fun is the best.

    ReplyDelete